Foundation / Corporation
Express Scripts Foundation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to improve the quality of life in communities where the Funding Source operates. Initiatives should focus on disaster relief, helping children and families, access to medical and health services, services for U.S. troops, pharmacy education, and education for underserved youth. The programs must be provided in a geographic location in which Express Scripts has a facility.
Primary focus areas
Health and wellness:
- Prevention, treatment and research for chronic diseases and developmental disorders
- Racial health disparities
- Wellness programs promoting exercise, fitness and healthy lifestyle choices
- Support of prenatal and newborn programs
- Educational access for underserved and underrepresented students
- Emphasis on PreK-12, STEM, college prep and pharmacy
- Job training and mentoring programs leading to career and workforce readiness
Military and veterans:
- Support of active duty military, veterans and their families leading to economic empowerment, career and workforce readiness
Secondary focus areas
Youth and family services:
- Crisis intervention and assistance programs with a focus on: homelessness, hunger / food assistance, mental health / psychological services, elderly, disabled
- Select site support of local and regional programs
- Support of civic / community organizations that help to strengthen communities
- Workplace giving (fundraising), volunteer programs
- Matching gift program - educational institutions
- Disaster relief through Red Cross partnership
GrantWatch ID#: 183443
Typically, support will be awarded only for a term of one year; organizations must reapply for any subsequent year in which they are seeking funding.
All projects or programs requesting funding must be tax-exempt as described in sections 501(c)(3), 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(3), or 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Organizations and programs must have broad community support, a record of fiscal and administrative stability and measurable outcomes.
Generally programs must be provided in a geographic location in which Express Scripts has a facility.
Programs must be able to show a plan for continuation and sustainability beyond the initial donation.
Express Scripts makes contributions without the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or protected veteran, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
Special consideration is given for the following types of organizations:
- Organizations that are known as thought leaders
- Organizations for which Express Scripts employees actively volunteer
- Organizations that encourage preventive care and provide health education
- Organizations that provide access to health care for children and families who are uninsured and underserved
- Organizations that support educational initiatives
- Educational programs that prepare students for careers in STEM
Express Scripts Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex or national origin
- Political causes, candidates, organizations or campaigns
- Fundraising activities such as benefits, charitable dinners, galas or social clubs etc.
- Athletic teams or events
- Individual needs including scholarships, sponsorships and other forms of financial aid
- Endowment funds or capital-fund drives
The Express Scripts Foundation Board meets quarterly to consider foundation grant requests. Requests must be submitted to the Express Scripts Foundation through the online system by the submission deadline for each grant cycle.
Submission deadline: February 28
Review timeline: March
Submission deadline: May 31
Review timeline: June
Submission deadline: August 31
Review timeline: September
Submission deadline: November 30
Review timeline: December
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Eligibility quiz: http://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.check_answer
Apply online: https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/ao_login.login?x_gm_id=5022&x_proposal_type_id=32376
For questions, please contact:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming