Foundation / Corporation
New Belgium Brewing Company
10/31/18 - Youth Environmental Education Only
Grants ranging from $500 to $5,000 to USA nonprofit organizations for activities that mitigate the environmental impact of humans on the planet. The Company aims to cultivate relationships with those who are looking to make an impact to help inspire others to joyously embrace sustainable choices. Program areas include youth environmental education, sustainable agriculture, smart growth and climate, bicycle advocacy, and water conservation and restoration.
Sustainable Agriculture: The Company supports projects that:
- Strengthen and protect ecosystem health and biodiversity
- Breakdown barriers and foster support for the young farmers entering the profession
- Protect public health, human communities, and or animal welfare
Youth Environmental Education (grades Pre K-12): The Company supports projects that:
- Apply an interdisciplinary approach
- Influence positive behavior change
- Experientially engage students in the outdoors
- Incorporate a comprehensive curriculum tied to national and state learning standards
Bicycle Advocacy: The Company supports projects that:
- Break down barriers and fosters support for riders of all ages and abilities
Smart Growth and Climate Advocacy: The Company supports projects that:
- Influence development and revitalization that protects natural resources and promotes clean air, water, and energy
- Incorporate strategies to strengthen or create safe transportation infrastructure with all users in mind; including bicyclists, public transportation vehicles and riders, and pedestrians of all ages and abilities
- Emphasize proactive, sustainable, inclusive planning
- Take into account climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Promote economic transition plans in fossil fuel based communities
Water Conservation and Restoration: The Company supports projects that:
- Support conservation policy and advocacy
- Restore and protect ecosystem health and biodiversity
- Promote management practices that improve the use of water resources for the protection and benefit of public health, human communities, and or animal welfare
- Please note, while the Company is deeply connected to the rivers in the backyard, the Company offers support for water projects in all of their geographic funding areas.
GrantWatch ID#: 180850
Grants range in size from $500 to $5,000.
New Belgium beer is now available nationwide, which means all 50 states and the District of Columbia are eligible for small grants in 2018. Organizations must have 501(c)(3) status. Fiscal sponsorship is not allowed.
The Company does not offer small grants to international programs at this time.
Requests for in-kind product donation and/or sponsorship will be immediately declined.
The Company does not fund:
- Programming or projects that fall outside of the 5 grant categories: Youth Environmental Education, Sustainable Agriculture, Bicycle Advocacy, Smart Growth and Climate, and Water Conservation and Restoration
- Organizations receiving New Belgium funding, sponsorship and/or in-kind donation of beer or any New Belgium goods amounting to more than $2500 in a calendar year
- Organizations without 501(c) (3) status.t he Company does not fund organizations utilizing a fiscal sponsor
- Organizations who partner with Tour de Fat and receive funds from this event
- Debt reduction
- Requests from individuals including scholarships
- Conferences, conventions or workshops
- Organizations for religious purposes
- Fundraising events, music festivals, film festivals or cultural events
- Direct submittals from public or private schools
- Production of films or other media-related projects
- General operating requests, institutional overhead, indirect costs, or facilities and administration costs
- Foundations who allocate requested funds to other organizations, individuals, or schools City, County or State agencies
- In order to encourage diverse income sources, organizations that have received consecutive grant funding over a three year period are not eligible to apply for one calendar year
An organization will only ever receive funding for one cycle each year. Organizations are welcome to apply for grants in multiple cycles.
- Youth Environmental Education – Accepting applications February 1, 2018 - March 31, 2018
- Sustainable Agriculture – Accepting applications March 1, 2018 - April 30, 2018
- Bicycle Advocacy – Accepting applications April 1, 2018 - May 31, 2018
- Smart Growth and Climate – Accepting applications May 1, 2018 - June 30, 2018
- Water Conservation and Restoration – Accepting applications September 1, 2018 - October 31, 2018
Youth Environmental Education:
Smart Growth and Climate:
Water Conservation and Restoration:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
New Belgium Brewing Company
500 Linden Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524 USA
888-NBB-4044 / 970-221-0524
21 Craven Street
Asheville, NC 28806 USA
888-598-9552 / 828-333-6900
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming